I have to tell you...I have the BEST husband EVER!!! I've always known that my husband has loved me, but this week he has really made me feel SO LOVED! I don't even know where to begin or how to explain it. But I thought that I had to document this because I've totally felt more love from him this week than ever. It all began when I had to go to the ER for my appendicitis. He had so much concern for me. He constantly asked if he could do anything. He paced the room anxiously waiting for the doctor because he was worried about me, he called our insurance company for me, he called his brother to help give me a blessing, he called my parents to let them know what was going on, he stayed with me all day waiting to go into surgery, he held my hand and kissed me before I left for surgery, he was there waiting for me after surgery, he only left to go home after I was back to reality so that he could take care of the kids. He got Chandler ready for school, he arranged for the kids to be watched so he could be with me, he brought me my make-up at the hospital, he was so patient, he didn't complain once. He got my prescriptions filled and picked them up, he helped me into and out of the car, and then helped me into bed with all my pillows perfectly placed. He has helped me get out of bed when I need to go to the bathroom, he helped me shower, he has served me every meal, he has gotten me drinks, medicine, and anything that I need or want! He has taken care of all the kids. He has gotten Chandler off to school, he has changed more diapers in the past few days than he ever has in his life! He has dealt with anything and everything the kids have demanded. From feeding them, dressing them, putting them to bed, reading to them, helping with homework, and bathing them. He has cleaned, done the dishes, mopped the floor, done the laundry, and fed the animals. He has let me rest and kept the kids quiet so that I could. What else can I say? He's done it all! He even called a couple of my friends to tell them to come visit me so that I could have company. He took a walk around the block with me, at an extremely slow pace, so that I could get the fresh air and walking that I so needed. He constantly asks if I'm ok and if there's anything I need. He asks how my pain is.
We've been blessed to have people from church bring in dinner for us on Wednesday-Friday. We feel so blessed. I've had so many people ask how I am doing. I truly feel lucky, blessed, and loved! I had to laugh when I chatted with a friend tonight that needed to borrow some cocoa powder from me earlier. She said that when Billy came to drop if off he said "I'm so not supposed to be the Mom!" She said, "Do you want me to take Stets?" Billy said, "He's NOT the hard one!" It made me laugh because Brielle is such a challenge sometimes. She's such a sweetheart, but she has a mind of her own that you can't change AT ALL! I know that taking all this on has worn Billy out. After all 3 of my C-Sections I have had my mom to help, so Billy hasn't had to take it all on by himself. I'm so impressed at how well he's handled it all. We have had some friends take care of Brielle for a couple hours to have a break. We are thankful!
But seriously, we have the best kids ever! I love each of them so much and feel blessed to be their mom! But Mostly, this is for Billy! He has done so much for me this week that I'm sure I've forgotten to mention it all! I LOVE HIM SO MUCH and I know he loves me too! Thanks for all that you have done for me Billy! You are the BEST and I LOVE YOU!!!
P.S.- I'm doing better each day. This has truly taken more out of me than I ever expected. Today was the first day that I actually left my bedroom. I don't know if I'm just a wimp, or just old, or if this is how most people my age react to this surgery. I'm getting better....just taking baby steps. I plan to still teach on Sunday, so I hope I'm more mobile by then. I can get around slowly, but just can't lift anything. Thanks again for all the support and prayers!
Merry Christmas!
8 months ago

7 comments:
How sweet!!
Teresa, I am so glad you are doing better. What a rough time, but how lucky you are to have such a great husband. That was really a touching tribute to him.
I'm glad that you are feeling better. And seriously, what a man!! Enjoy every single moment, you deserve it.
What a lucky girl you are! I'm so glad you are being well taken care of. I hope you continue to improve!
Glad you are doing better and have a great husband there to help out so much!
You are very lucky to have such a sweet husband. I had 5 c-sections and I don't think I got that kind of treatment from my husband...actually I know I didn't. He's a keeper!
This so sweet. Good job, Billy. When you are feeling a little better, please bring the kids over for an evening and go to dinner or a movie. You two could probably use a date! I am glad you are feeling better each day. And you are not a whimp! It makes me light-headed just thinking about it.
Post a Comment