I know that I've been bad at updating my blog lately, but Billy hasn't been working much. So, when Billy isn't working we spend time together which keeps me off the computer more. Anyway, just thought I'd blog about what's been going on lately!
Billy finally drew out for the deer hunt this year! This is the first year that he's hunted since we've been married. So, last weekend he went out scouting for deer. On Fri. 16th, he started out to search for deer. Unfortunately his transfer case went out on his truck. Nice huh! Well, his brother offered to take him hunting since our truck was out of service! On Sat. 17th off they went to hunt. Not much luck that day, however, Billy did miss while trying to shoot a buck. Apparently it was a couple hundred yards away. Anyway, on Mon. 19th we got our small S10 pickup licensed and decided to all go out hunting as a family. Off we were. Billy had borrowed his dad's four-wheeler, so as I stayed in the truck with Brielle and Stetson, Chandler and Billy rode around searching for deer on their four-wheeler. After about 4-5 hours, Billy rode up with a deer on the back of the four-wheeler. He was successful! It was rather small, only a two-pointer, but Billy was proud that he was able to find and shoot the deer having Chandler with him. It was a fun family outing! A few days later we wrapped the meat and Billy dried much of it for jerky! I'm not a fan of deer meat, but Billy enjoys it!
Billy's baby sister (Deena) got married in the St. George Temple on Saturday! It was such a beautiful wedding! I took many pictures and will tell more and post pictures in a near future post!
Stetson is growing up too fast! Stetson turned 8 months old on Saturday! He's crawling everywhere and is even pulling himself up onto everything! I know that it won't be long til he's walking! Today while trying to get a piece of paper out of his mouth I realized that he had cut his FIRST TWO TEETH!!! Two at one time...WOW!!! It's his two middle bottom teeth! He's so much fun and does new, cute things everyday! I've been working on teaching him some sign language and he understands it, and I know that he's really close to actually signing back to me! I'm so excited! We love him so much and feel so blessed to have him!
We got a new horse! Yes that's right...another horse! However, this isn't just any horse! Billy's uncle has been in the horse breeding business for several years, but is gradually getting out of it. He still breeds several horses every year, but down sizes more and more each year. His horses have been Champion Quarter Horses, and have some of the best breeding lines! A few months ago he sent a letter to Billy, my brother-in-law (Scott/Billy's brother), and brother-in-law (Dwight/Carma's husband) saying that he had 3 fillies this year and wanted to give 1 to each of them. One being a Sorrel, one a Dun, and one a Buckskin! So, when Billy's uncle came down for the wedding on Saturday he brought the horses with him. After much discussion we were pleased to be able to bring home the Buckskin (our 1st choice). Also, we found out that it was born on May 22...Chandler's birthday! So, we are really excited about our new horse, however we will probably be getting rid of one of our other ones because we can't afford to keep them all! I'll keep ya posted on the official name once we get it registered and will also post some pics!
That's all for now! Stay tuned for pictures of the wedding and our newest addition!
Merry Christmas!
10 months ago

3 comments:
My Hayden's B-Day is May 22nd too. You are truly a Country Girl!
You sound like you have been busy. :) I'm glad Billy got a deer that's exciting.
You sure are patient with your hubby's hobby. I think if Rob took up hunting I would die!
Congrats on the new addition! My kids would LOVE to have a horse. Maybe someday...
Post a Comment