I've really done it now! I forgot to bring my camera for Thanksgiving! I'm still kicking myself for this. Well, we went to the in-laws for Thanksgiving in good ol' Moccasin, Arizona. We were going to head up to Sacramento to visit a few friends and my sister, but Billy didn't get paid until late on Tuesday which was too late to finilize any plans....oh well, we're going to try to go after Christmas! We arrived in Moccasin after dark on Wednesday night. I prepared my very first Strawberry Pie, which I thought was wonderful! Thursday we had a wonderful meal. The turkey was ok...nothing spectacular, but the Ham was amazing! I don't know why, but it was absolutely wonderful (along with the mashed potatoes and gravy). Oh and I can't forget the delicious homemade rolls...YUM!!! Anyway, it was great! After our big meal, my sister in-law and I made hairbows for several hours. I'm extremely proud of myself and now Brielle has some cute bows! Friday, I just hung around doing not much of anything, which was ok...but I regret not going shopping! Oh well, there's always next year! I've yet to tackle the after Thanksgiving Shopping, so I've decided that it's a must next year. I suppose if Billy would've been paid his full amount that is owed to him then maybe I would have gone this year, but no such luck! So, Friday we drove out to one of Billy's friend's pastures that he keeps his horses in for the winter...to drop off one of our horses for the winter! Let me back up and tell you that it rained all night Wednesday night and all day Thursday! So needless to say....WE GOT STUCK!!! Not just once, several times. Well, the last time Billy's reverse went out on his truck! Great, huh! Not really! So, we unhooked the trailer and decided to leave it until we could come back when it wasn't so muddy to get it. My precious son Chandler asked if we could say a prayer! I told him of course and so my hero of a son asked Heavenly Father to help us get out of the mud and back to Grandma and Grandpa's house! The second Billy tried again, we were out! We lead the horse to the correct pasture and made it back. That night Chandler thanked Heavenly Father for helping us get out of the mud! I'm truly Thankful for my children and how much they teach me! Saturday we went out on the mountain to pick out Christmas trees. There was a ton of snow...probably a couple feet in places. After many many hours of waiting and waiting and trying to keep children happy, we came out of there with the most beautiful tree ever! Seriously...I'll take some pics when we get it up (hopefully today)! We then returned home very tired, but grateful to finally be home! We had a good Thanksgiving and realized how much more we are Thankful for many things that we have! :o)
Merry Christmas!
8 months ago

1 comments:
Sounds like you enjoyed yourselves! Kids are amazing, huh?
Post a Comment