Friday, September 12, 2008

My Niece Lydee!

So, yesterday (September 11) was my niece's 1st birthday! She truly is a miracle. Little Lydee was born at 25 weeks (40 weeks is a normal full term pregnancy) because her mom had Toxemia so bad that her liver and kidneys began to fail. Lydee weighed 1 lb 7 oz and was only 11 inches long (that's the length of a standard size piece of paper)! She had many struggles and was life flighted two days after she was born. She is doing great! She had been passing all of her tests that the doctors have her take. Yesterday I attended her 1st Birthday party and it was truly a celebration of her life! I know that she is a modern day miracle! I've included a few pictures of her at about a month old and then a few of her on her birthday! She now weighs almost 14 lbs....the picture of the doll is a doll that was made for her that is the exact weight and length of her at birth!




1 comments:

Katina Angola said...

She looks so happy! How cute!!!