Friday, September 4, 2009

It's almost that time...

My how time flies. It seems like yesterday that I just posted, but NO...it's been almost 2 weeks. So, to just keep up to date about what's going on with us. Chandler is still doing soccer and is doing awesome! He has scored a goal at all of his games except the first one. We are so proud of him. He's enjoying school so far and of course he's doing very well.

Brielle is starting to grow up. She's still quite a handful, but she's learning and getting better. We have been working on her night potty training and it's gone really well. She's starting to be a big help around the house and has stepped up to help since Chandler's been to school during the days.

Stetson is growing way too fast! He's 6 months old now and is mobile. He hasn't quite gotten the hands and knees crawl down, but he's very good at rolling, scooting backwards, and pushing himself forward (aka the Army crawl). He's working on sitting up, but he's not a big fan of it.

Billy has been working more lately since he started working as the Superintendant for his major contractor. It's not fulltime, but it's been great for us since he hasn't had much other work of his own. We are so grateful for this and it couldn't have come at a better time!

As for me....well, I'm trying to hold the fort down. I've been doing some canning lately...grape jelly & green beans. I'm hopeing to have enough tomatoes turn red soon to be able to can some spaghetti sauce and salsa. I've also baked some zucchini bread and banana bread, as well as, frozen some zucchini and made some fresh salsa. Our garden has done so well this year. Our corn has been awesome! So, along with a good garden goes much canning. It's a lot of work, but I love the outcome! Anyway, that's about all for now....except it's almost that time....yeah you know that time....tomorrow it's....FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!!! SO excited if you didn't already know! GO VOLS!!! :o)

3 comments:

Laura said...

i think you've outdone yourself on the TN football thing there! lol! GOOOO DAWGS!!!!

Telsha Winger & fam said...

Nice job on canning I would not even know where to begin. I think it's awesome you guys have such a productive garden... wish I could say the same although you usually have to plant something to have it be successful huh?? haha never have got that far yet. So kudos to you!

Emily said...

So, do you like football? :)